To request a repeat prescription you can do this:
- On line using SystmOnline. If you do not have access to this service please register for it in person at reception. You will need to bring photo ID
- Using the repeat prescription slip on the right hand side of the prescription (remember to tick the items you require)
- In writing (please remember to include your name, address and date of birth)
- Using a blank repeat prescription request form at the surgery
- Most local pharmacies will offer to send prescription request froms to the surgery on your behalf. Please note this process takes longer as it takes them time to deliver the requests to us
You can hand in your prescription request at reception, post or fax it to us
For safety reasons we cannot take requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
If you have regular repeat prescriptions, which do not change between your surgery reviews, please do consider requesting a 'batch' of prescriptions. We are strongly encouraged to prescribe one-month supplies of medication at a time by NHS England, to help reduce waste, but if you request a batch of prescriptions you can take these to your usual pharmacy and simply return to collect the next supply of medication when needed. Your pharmacist will remind you when you will be due to order a further prescription.
Collecting a repeat prescription:
The prescription will be ready for collection 48 hours, i.e. two working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays) after we receive the request
- If you have submitted your request via a pharmacy you will need to allow an extra working day for your request to be processed in order for the pharmacy to deliver the prescription to us
- If your repeat prescription falls between Christmas and New Year please make sure you put your request in well before the Christmas period
- If you wish us to post the prescription back to you, please send us a stamped addressed envelope. Please allow longer for the Royal Mail to deliver the prescription back to you
If you wish to speak to the Prescriptions Clerk on the telephone please call after 11.30am
For further information about how to get your repeat prescriptions please select the "Further information on repeat prescriptions" tab